Course Name: Accessibility Guide for Lectora X
Course Duration: 1 hour
This course was developed to present techniques and processes used to create instructionally sound, Section 508 compliant, e-learning products using Lectora authoring software. This course is an update of the original course developed for Lectora 2008 accessibility features. Since 2008, Trivantis Corporation has made many changes in Lectora software to assist in creating training that is Section 508 compliant.
This course will teach you how to
- Provide appropriate alternative text for objects
- Use links correctly and ensure linked information helps to explain content
- Ensure the proper use of color
- Avoid use of items that flicker or blink
- Provide headers for tables and screens
- Configure reading order for a screen reader
- Use object layering order correctly
- Use popups and show/hides correctly
- Ensure users can complete and submit forms
- Use links to skip repetitive navigation
- Apply methods to avoid conflicting audio
- Create accessible multimedia elements
- Use menu navigation and table of contents appropriately
- Use internal 508 Compliance Check tool
- Publish a Section 508 compliant course
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please check your computer capability: click the Help tab in the TRAIN navigation bar, then click "Test Your Environment" on the left-hand menu.
Original posting date: June 29, 2012.